Recommended by Lonely Planet and others
In the heart of the museum area
The Collector is located just behind the famous Concertgebouw. It is just a few minutes’ walk to the Rijksmuseum, the Vincent van Gogh Museum and the Stedelijk museum. The city centre is also within walking distance, or you can hop on the tram in front of the house for a ride of a few stops. Trams 16 conveniently stops just steps from the house.
Direct bus from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
There is a direct bus line from the airport to the Museumplein, number 397, departing from Schiphol Plaza, directly in front of the arrival hall. This is a very convenient and quick way to get to the B&B. The stop at the Museumplein is just a few minutes from The Collector.
To and from Amsterdam Airport by taxi
From Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the centre of Amsterdam is around 16 km/10 miles. Pre-arranged taxies to get to The Collector costs around € 35.
From Central Station
From the station tram 16 takes you to The Collector. The stop ‘Jacob Obrechtstraat’ is just some 30 meters from the house.
- take exit S108 from the Ring of Amsterdam (A10)
- at the end of the exit follow S108
- after 750 m at the Olympic Stadium the road bends to the right
- immediately after the bend (100 m) take a left, into Amstelveenseweg
- after 500 m at the roundabout you turn right at the second exit (Cornelis Krusemanstraat; the road changes name into De Lairessetraat)
- after the third traffic lights and 1.3 km it is on the left side at number 46